Students, our next generation, are suffering greatly from sitting so much, particularly on laptops and devices. They’re also feeling the pressure of increasing demands on their time and of their performance.
'Be Fit 2 Sit' Student Wellbeing Programs
WORKSHOPS & PROGRAMS THAT EMPOWER YOUR STUDENTS, EDUCATORS & PARENTS TO FEEL & FUNCTION THEIR BEST!
– FUN & ENERGISING BRAIN & BODY (MOVEMENT) BREAKS FOR YOUR STUDENTS
– PRACTICAL STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE STUDENT CONCENTRATION, CAPABILITY & COORDINATION
– POSTURE AND DESK SETUP TIPS TO SET STUDENTS UP FOR SUCCESS
'Be Fit 2 Sit' Programs to suit your School Community
Senior Survival Kit (Yrs 10-12)
Equips Senior students with practical strategies to improve their energy levels & concentration, reduce physical strain and mental stress through
- Targeted exercises & stretches for pain relief and productivity
- Healthy posture and desk setup education
- Self massage techniques
- Personalised & sustainable ‘Self care plan’ for studying
Setup for Success at your Desk (Years 6-9)
Empowers Middle School Students to maximise their learning and minimise physical & mental health throughout their schooling via
- Healthy Exercise habits
- Healthy postures while learning and using screens
- Healthy Device use habits and desk setup
Healthy Device advice (Years 4-6)
Encourages Primary school students in healthy use of their electronic devices, such as tablets and laptops to coincide with introduction of devices in their schooling.
- guidelines for holding and positioning screens to mental & physical reduce strain
- Setting boundaries around screen use
- Healthy postures and movement breaks during device use
- Resources for teachers and parents
Confident & Capable Learners (Junior Primary)
Helps junior Primary students develop their gross and fine motor skills to enhance concentration and capability for learning and moving, in and beyond the classroom
- engaging class activities such as ‘Mat Moves’
- activities that support curriculum learning Eg Telling time with Actions and ‘Action Stories’
- Resources for teachers and parents
Teacher Wellbeing workshops
Empowers time-poor teachers in practical ways to prioritise their physical wellbeing… so they feel energised, less stiff & sore, plus function at their best in the classroom, doing admin tasks and in their home life.
Students are feeling strain physically & mentally. Stiffness, soreness and poor posture are more prevalent and fatigue, overwhelm, even depression are now common- yet PREVENTABLE- issues among students.
With a strong link between exercise and improved mental health, Kym brings her 20+ years of experience as a physiotherapist to her workshops. She inspires and empowers students, their teachers and parents to build their physical resilience so they can feel their best and perform their best.
Kym equips students with a toolkit of targeted stretches and exercises that will take the strain off their bodies, develop better endurance for studying and kickstart their concentration & productivity. Kym also helps students develop healthy posture, study and electronic device habits to future-proof their bodies from a sedentary lifestyle in the years ahead.
Kym’s ‘Be Fit 2 Sit’ and ‘Be Fit 4 Study’ programs and workshops walk students, their teachers & parents through simple, age-appropriate strategies that have helped thousands of her patients ditch the drain, strain and pain of studying, plus gain healthy posture and productivity habits for life… and ultimately achieve success!
From primary school to high school and tertiary institutions, students are challenged with age appropriate stretches and exercises to stimulate muscle tone and condition their ‘anti-slouching muscles’, given posture tips and desk setup advice, plus encouraged to develop healthy learning/ study habits.
Tell Kym more about your school/ uni student’s wellbeing needs or ask about ‘Be Fit 2 Sit’ & ‘Be Fit 4 Study’ workshops for your school or uni community.
PARENT & STUDENT RESOURCES
We offer the ‘Be Fit 4 Study’ program Online, for students to get access to life-changing posture and desk setup advice, targeted stretches & exercises plus stacks of tips for developing healthy habits while they study.
In a series of short videos, coupled with helpful worksheets, students and family members alike can drastically reduce their stiffness & soreness, and improve their posture and productivity.
TEACHER WELLBEING & RESOURCES
Facilitating calm, concentrating and creative students in the classroom
– Simple brain & body (movement) breaks for your students
– Practical strategies to improve student concentration
– Posture and desk setup tips to set students up for success
– QUICK & EASY SELFCARE STRATEGIES
– Targeted stretches & exercises
– Posture advice
– Desk setup tips just for teachers
Staff meetings, ‘in-services’ and student-free days offer great opportunities to invest in building teacher’s physical resilience and help them, in turn, support their students foster a culture of movement and wellbeing.
Contact Kym to discuss your teachers' needs or arrange a workshop
For High school teachers and tertiary educators we offer the ‘Be Fit for Study’ Educators program Online, so you can easily implement fantastic movement breaks for your students. In this way you can improve their focus and concentration while doing great things for their (and your) posture, strength and endurance for sitting.